Is Diclofenac Sodium effective in the treatment of osteoarthritis?

I have osteoarthritis in my knees, one dr. Says ready for replacement...I’m not ready for that. I have cervical stenosis in my neck. A woman I work with takes diclofenac sodium and says it’s works great for her. I plugged in my meds to see what interaction it may have. Comes up To monitor closely.
Tue, 10 Jul 2018
Answer: Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Diclofenac sodium is a nonsteroidal antiinflamatory drug, and it is used to treat osteoarthritis(reduce pain , and inflamation).
You can use Diclofenac sodium 50 mg twice daily, for 1-2 months.
You have to take it after meals, and if you have stomach problems it's better not to take it.

Hope I have answered your query.
Let me know if I can assist you further.