Is Deralin sufficient for high BP?

hi im janice 28 yrs old after birth i have a problem with BP and im having treatment with it..im taking deralin for 5 months... last month i checked my BP i noticed that im having a pulse rate more than 100 and today 121 ..what this clould possibly mean?what must i do?                                                                  
Wed, 9 Jan 2019
Cardiologist 's  Response

Your heart rate is quite high, considering the fact that you are taking deralin. Coming to this point, I would recommend performing some tests to investigate the possible causes:

- a resting ECG
- complete blood count
- thyroid hormone levels for thyroid gland dysfunction
- blood electrolytes for possible imbalance.

High blood pressure is abnormal for your age too. For this reason, it is also checking some other blood lab tests in order to investigate for secondary causes of high blood pressure values.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr Ilir Sharka, Cardiologist