• question-icon

Is Central Diabetes Insipidus related to depression in anyway ?

I am suffering from Central Diabetes Insipidus CDI DI since 23 years and since then I am on DesmopressinWill I be able to live without my medicine.IF no then why?? Is CDI related to depression in anyway?? Thanks.
Wed, 2 Feb 2011
Endocrinologist 's  Response
Hi: I am an endocrinologist. The diabetes insipidus is due to deficiency of hormone called vasopressin or ADH. The treatment is ADH that is given as desmopression spray. Whether to live without the medicine depends on the reason of the central DI and your sodium and potassium value. Depression may not be directly related to DI.