Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
183 Doctors are Online

Is Asthama a genetic disorder?

yes asthama runs in families, so it should be a gentic disorder. thats why it does not have cure. my grandpa had asthama, my father has asthama, and my brother has asthama. but i dont have thank god.
Fri, 4 Dec 2009
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
  User's Response
asthma has familial predospisition but i dont think so they have find any gene as such which will has link..with dad has asthma even i have asthma and my son i saloso having asthma so think so there must me some relation witth the asthma ..and family
  Anonymous's Response

Yes it is known to run in families. But can be controlled with proper medical interventions.

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor