Is Ampiclox effective in preventing the transmission of an STD?

I once contacted gonorreah from a lady without using any means of protection ,but I have treated myself very well and okay and the lady has not treated heraself yet.we had unprotected sex today again and now I m so scared of having gonorreah from her again .I used Beecham ampiclox to prevent it 10 min after sex. Can it prevent any form of STD?
Tue, 12 Jun 2018
HIV AIDS Specialist 's  Response
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Earlier Ampicillin and Amoxycillin were wonderful drugs to treat Gonorrhea whereas presently Gonococcal organisms are resistant to Ampicillin and Cloxacillin. So it is not an ideal drug for prophylaxis for Gonorrhea. Moreover prophylaxis for Gonorrhea is not generally recommended.

Dr S.Murugan
General & Family Physician Dr. Suraj Khandhedia's  Response

In my opinion, ampiclox is for treatment of gonorrhea and not for prevention. No any medicine can prevent Sexually Transmitted Infections. Only means of prevention of Sexually Transmitted Infections is to have barrier contraceptive (e.g.condom) during each sexual intercourse. If I were your consulting doctor, I would like to know whether you have any symptoms (e.g. burning sensation while urination, yellowish or greenish discharge). I would also advise you to go for diagnostic test (Nucleic Acid Amplification Test) for confirmation of diagnosis. If you will found to be infected, treatment must be started.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.