Is Ampiclox Reason For Delayed Periods?

Cramping for my period but have not seen it which suppose to have come I have been taking ampliclox always after having unprotected Sex now my period is delayed which has Never happened before since when I have been taken it. is it bcoz of the ampliclox, can it delay period and I hope taking of ampliclox wont damage any reproductive system in my body bcoz of bearing children in future.
Thu, 5 Sep 2019

Ideally antibiotics have no role in delaying periods other than Rifampin that interferes with efficacy of BC pills. Delaying of periods can be due to stress, hormonal imbalance, PID, etc. But since you are sexually active & had unprotected sex, it could be because of it.

If you are not on regular BC, implant & have not taken emergency contraceptive pills within 72 hours of sexual intercourse than see a gynecologist at the earliest.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Nupur K, General & Family Physician