Is AST level 47 dangerous?

I am 52 years old, weigh 124 lbs and am 5'8" tall. I am very healthy and have annual executive physicals about every 2 years. My AST level was 28 and my ALT level was 18 during my last physical in 2009. I just had blood work done last week to start hormonal treatment and my AST level came back at 47. Is this serious? Can I lower AST levels through diet?
Tue, 26 Aug 2014
Thanks for using healthcaremagic.I understand your concern.
Brief answer:No.Can be lowered with diet modifications.
Detailed answer:AST level is bit on the higher side.If i am your physician,would advise you to take multivitamin/multimineral tablet,twice a day containing especially vitamin B1,folate,zinc and avoid alcohol intake for a week or two,before starting the hormone therapy.Hope this information helps you.If any further questions,happy to answer you.Take care.