Is 21 too young for breathing / heart problems?

Maybe I am a little out of shape. I went from 120 to 140 lbs within this yr and since then I get tired really fast while excersizing. My chest burns really bad and I get so out of breath . Today with my trainer I got extremely nauseated and light headed and my chest felt like it was going to pop. Could this be due to the extra weight? I have a belly that looks like it has a baby in it (no exagg). I told a doctor about it but he says I m too young to have any problems. Could this be true? I m 21 5 3 142lbs
Tue, 15 Dec 2009
's  Response
Do not let one doctor dismiss your concerns. Anyone at any age can have health issues. The answer that he gave you is a dismissive answer meaning that he does not believe you are ill and does not care to be bothered with your concerns. Physicians should be treated with respect. At the same time, remember that they are service providers. They work for you providing medical service and are therefore your employee. Too many doctors forget that it is our money that pays the insurance premiums, employer sponsored programs where your employer pays a percentage is considered by your employer as part of your compensation. On top of that, you have to make a co-payment at the doctor's office. Medicare and government assistance programs were paid for by your tax dollars and those of your family and friends. Bottom line is that it is just like many other people on this question have answered. See another doctor. Ask around, talk to people, try the American Heart Association or the American Lung Association. They can put you in touch with a doctor that will actually listen to your concerns. I would start with a doctor that specializes in COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease) because these doctors are doctors of Internal medicine. If the problem is your heart that they cannot treat, most likely they can diagnose it and refer you to a doctor that can treat it. Good luck. I hope you do not have anything seriously wrong with you.