Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
198 Doctors are Online

Is 2-4 hpf wbc considered uti ?

2-4 hpf wbc considered uti? my uti always comes back my ob said its because of cerevicitis i have, but now im cleared with cervicitis but still have uti?
Asked On : Wed, 2 Mar 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  305
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Urologist 's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare magic

Only more than 5 WBC's/e significant. The idea is to treat the symptoms and not the reports. If you continue to have symptomatic UTI, the right person to consult is urologist
Best of LUck

Rajiv Goel, Consultant urologist, gurgaon
Answered: Tue, 8 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
Welcome to Healthcaremagic Forum
WBC if more thn 5 hpf indicates infection. Do you have any symptoms?
Now that cervicitis is cleared, UTI symptoms (if present) will also go away. Continue with other measures you may be taking ( like taking more liquids, not holding urine for long time, washing front to back from front to back etc).

Also you can take homoepathic remedies for this problem, if it recurrs.
Answered: Sun, 6 Mar 2011
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor