Is 140/90 blood preassure is ok for a 50 year old?

Is 140/90 blood preassure is ok for a 50 year old? what is the safest level of alchohol they can consume?
Mon, 14 Dec 2009
's  Response
the nurse that answered your question is correct....the latest from the American Heart Association has even lowered the standards to 120/70 ....you need to get your doctor to check it out, cut back on salty foods or watch for sodium content in the foods you buy prepackaged or canned. Anything over 325 sodium content don't buy it. I have systolic hypertension (top number only goes high) and when I go overseas I can drink in moderation and not too much of the strong Greek coffee...makes my heart rate too high.