Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
180 Doctors are Online

Irritation while urinating, urge to urinate, vaginal itching. Done urine test. What does it mean?

hello doctor, my husband, his second wife and me(first wife) living together. his second wife not at all hygiene , she has itching and wierd bad odour in the reproductive organ . after having sex with her my husband has itching, burns, redness and pain in the penis . i was healthy but this time after having sex with him now i have some irritation while urinating, urgency of passing urine , itching in vaginal area. after all this i had the urine test it shows puss cells 20-25/hpf, epi cells 10 12/hpf, Rbc 2-4/hpf. wat does it mean? does he trnamitted from her to me? wat it will do? is it something serious?
Asked On : Thu, 27 Dec 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  97
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
HIV AIDS Specialist 's  Response
Welcome to HCM.

It is possible to get urinary infection and yeast infection from one partner to other. Urinary infection can best be treated with antibiotics confirmed with the result of culture and sensitivity test of one's urine. Similarly Yeast infection can be diagnosed with vaginal wet (KOH preparation) and stained smear tests if necessary culture test for fungus and can be treated with appropriate oral anti-fungal antibiotics and creams.

Your husband and both of you have to take treatment simultaneously. Otherwise a complete cure can not be assured. Possibility of other STDs also have to be ruled out.
Consult your physician and get treated along with your husband and his second wife.

Wish you a speedy recovery.
Dr S.Murugan
Answered: Fri, 28 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Critical Care Specialist Dr. Sadiq Mughal's  Response
Hi thanks for your question.
Your urine examination shows sever UTI that is urinary tract infection(puss cell 20 to 35/ HPF and RBC 2 to 4/HPF along with epithelail cell)
you have got infection from her or not, cannot be said with certainity.
However you need consultation with a physician to treat your UTI.
You need a course of antibiotics for a week.
Hope this answers your question.
Answered: Fri, 28 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor