Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
121 Doctors are Online

Irritation on penile head specifically at the pee hole, hole has turned red. Any recommendations?

I have an irritation on the head of my penis . Specifically the peehole, it doesn t sting when I pass urine , but it tends to get really irritated when be up and about. I wear under wear, but when it has been an irritating problem for about a week now. The hole itself is about a blood red on the inside. Is there anything you could recommend?
Asked On : Thu, 11 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  528
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response

Welcome to the forum. Your symptoms are indicative of infection. Consult a general physician and get clinically examined. You should have blood and urine ( routine/ culture sensitivity done ) tests done to rule out Genito urinary infection. Commonest is E.coli.

You have not mentioned but if you are a sexually active person you should get VDRL and Australia antigen tests done to rule out STD.

Keep hygienically clean. Drink plenty of water. Do not hold urine for long. Antibiotics, metronidazole ( after doctors consultation), medicated antiseptic wash can be helpful. Take care.

Answered: Thu, 11 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor