Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
165 Doctors are Online

Irritation in the eye. What is the remedy?

My left eye just started to irritate me alot i feel like i have a long piece of hair or something in my eye its not real watery or itchy but if i mess with my eye like rub it or something it dosent hurt it comes n goes comes more than it goes its goin on for about three days it kinda feels like its the outside corner of my eye
Asked On : Thu, 17 Jan 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  172
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Ophthalmologist 's  Response

It is just possible that you have a mild foriegn body in your eye. You are required to wash your eye throughly with clean plain water and use some anti-biotic drops 3-4 times a day with an anti-biotic ointment at night. With this treatment you should get well in about 72 hour.

Answered: Mon, 25 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful
Ophthalmologist Dr. Naseem's  Response
The foreign body sensation in your eye can be due to a few causes like early conjunctivitis, a corneal or conjunctival abrasion, an actual foreign body in your eye or the gritty feeling you experience with dry eyes. If you have some redness and matting of eyelashes with a sticky feeling in the eye, it could be an infection and would need antibiotic drops. If a tiny abrasion is responsible you will need an eye ointment in the eye till it heals. Mild dryness needs a lubricating eye drop preparation for a few days used 4 times a day and an ointment at bedtime. You can start an anti inflammatory eye drop like Ketorolac in the eye if there is any inflammation in the eye. Lubricants work well initially and if you do develop an infection and this is the initial stages you may then start an antibiotic eye drop preparation later.
Answered: Mon, 25 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor