Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
166 Doctors are Online

Irritation and raised pores in the vagina, burning while urination. STD?

My vagina has been irritated for the past few days, i just went pee and it burned a little. My doctor tested me for yeast infection and other infections but i didnt have anything, i have been with one partner who has never had sex before they performed oral sex on me and there was no outbreak of herpes or anything. I also see tiny like bumps raised near my vagina hole kinda but it looks like raised pores from touching and scratching it so much. what could it be??
Asked On : Tue, 2 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  110
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello and welcome to HCM.

Thank you for your query.

The appearance of sores, blisters or other blister-like structures are normally linked to herpes, but we cannot assume this as you have mentioned itching and scratching the region quite often. This appearance of itching around the genitals could be due to a simple urinary tract infection (UTI) or other sexually transmitted infections as well.

Some other symptoms of a UTI are:
-Burning sensation while urinating
-Frequent urination
-Increased urge to urinate, but less amount of urine passed
-Lower abdominal and/or flank region pain
-Itching around the genitals
-Blood in urine or immediately after (not always seen)
Although, this will also have to be conducted with a laboratory analysis of your urine. I would urge you to first try this, by giving your urine sample for a laboratory analysis, which will show signs of an infection, and can accordingly be treated from there on.

If your partner has not been in a sexual relationship before, and neither have you, the chances of this being a sexually transmitted infection are slim to nothing. Which is why, let us look for a UTI first, and only if a urine report does not provide a conclusive result can we assume other sexually transmitted infections, which can be screened with the help of a vaginal smear.

I hope I have succeeded in providing the information you were looking for. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications at: . I would gladly help you.

Best wishes.
Answered: Mon, 17 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor