Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Irritating bump on the side of tongue, burning sensation. How to get rid of this ?

I have had a bump on the side of my tongue for over a year. It gets larger andsmaller and is really irritating when it scrapes my teeth , sometimes when I am talking I bite my tongue and have to stop mid-sentence!. When I eat cheese, sweet or sour things, spicy things It seems to get worse and burn . (I used to be able to eat jalapenos but it is now out of the question!)The burning sensation starts around the bump area but has migrated to the top surface of my tongue in the middle section and over to the other side. The very tip of my tongue is also raw at times My dentist looked at it with a special light or camera (?) and said he did not think it was cancer . What can I do to get rid of the burning sensation? What might it be and what type of doctor should I see??
Asked On : Fri, 7 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  72
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello hw011,
You have to consult with Ear,Nose & Throat ( ENT) specialist for this problem.
You have not mentioned that U have any addiction of Tobacco/Gutkha chewing.
If You have addiction then It is time to quit by any means.
You have to stop eating Spicy & Sour foods untill consultation.
Please Purchase ORASORE gel or any other gel for mouth ulcer.
You might by asked for biopsy if Specialist concern.
Then don't worry. Go & check.


Answered: Fri, 7 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor