Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
196 Doctors are Online

Irregular shaped lump outside vaginal lip. Hurts on pushing, sexually active. What is it?

Today I woke up with an irregular shaped lump that appears to be under the skin on the edge of my right outer vaginal lip. It is up high, like where the clit is and not near the vaginal opening, it hurts when I push on it, and feels uncomfortable. It is kind of hard like a knot. I am sexually active and 17 years old, I haven t had intercourse or any other sexual activities in 3 or 4 weeks though. I don t have any idea what this is ! It is almost a weird tadpole shape, and us visible. Is it a cyst , STD , cancer , or something else ?? I m really scared !! Please help !! :(
Asked On : Thu, 21 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  151
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Critical Care Specialist 's  Response
Hi thanks for your question.
The irregular shaped lump your having in vaginal wall most probably could be bartholin cyat.Bartholin glands are normally present in vagina and produce sceration for vaginal lubrication duration sexual activity.when duct of bartholin gland get blocked due to infection or any other reason result in cyst formation.Infection in cyst can cause.The other reason could be a boil that is infection of hair follicle.There is nothing to worry consult a physician who may examine you and may prescribe you appropriate treatment.You may need a course of antibiotic.
Hope this answers your question.
Answered: Thu, 21 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor