Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
151 Doctors are Online

Irregular prolonged periods. Had abortion in the past. Not responding to Torapic-mf tablets. Will Deviry be effective?

Hi Doctor,My age 31 yrs .I am married indian women working in software company and have no kids (not planned actually) I have irregular periods.I got abortion in the month of November 2012(that was an unexpected pregnancy and we thought to keep but unfortunately in 7 weeks i got abortion).I that got my periods in December at right time but after that i got periods in march end of the month,again i had 2 months gap and in july got my periods.Its been 20 days and i am still bleeding .One of my friend (who is pharmacist suggested to take torapic-mf table 2 times a day.Bleeding stopped for short period and when i discontinued the tablet i am bleeding again.Please suggest good medicine and i heard about Deviry,will it effect?. Thanks in advance
Asked On : Thu, 9 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  26
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
General & Family Physician 's  Response

Welcome to HCM,

Torapic-mf is used to stop bleeding.

Deviry is progesterone used to induce a period. It is not a fertility drug.

You should not take treatment at your own.

You are probably suffering with Dysfunctional uterine bleeding.

The common cause is Poly cystic ovarian disease (PCOD).

Other causes are hormonal imbalance, trauma, anovulatory cycle, infection(cervicitis, endometritis, vaginitis), uterine polyp/fibroid, P.I.D., cancer (of vagina, cervix, uterus, ovaries), certain drugs and bleeding disorder etc.

Detailed history, examination and investigations are required to establish a diagnosis.

Thus you should consult a Gynecologist for examination, investigations and treatment.

Thanks for trusting Healthcaremagic and posting your query.

Hope you found my response to your query informative and helpful.

If you have further concerns in this regard, you can submit those with Healthcaremagic as well.

With good wishes,
Answered: Thu, 9 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor