Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

Irregular periods, weight gain, PCOD, swollen ovary, prescribed Matatime 500. Efficacy?

Hi Doctor, this month I consult doctor for irregularity in period and i gain 10 kg wait in just 4-5 month, I am newly married ,I plan baby. my Doctor told me that in my Overy have swelling and PCOD problem also. doc. prescribe me Matatime 500 tablet. please tall me it is a effective for my problem and i conceive easily. pls say something about my problem. i am worried.
Asked On : Tue, 5 Jun 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  287
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi Ranjana....
Thank you for choosing HCM...
PCOS is a syndrome which has many components in it:
-Multiple fluid filled follicles in ovary, menstrual irregularity
-Insulin resistance leading to Diabetes mellitus,Obesity
-excessive androgenic hormones:hairy face and neck
-chances of infertility are also there..
But no need to panic..Its a very common condition in women and many people have children..

You can overcome disease complication by following some simple steps:
-Reduce your weight
-Drugs like metformin (metatime 500) can improve insulin sensitivity
-If you are planning for pregnancy then you can use ovulation strips to check if you are ovulating and try for a baby then
-Ovarian drilling can be performed to retain functional ovary
-If having problem with conception artificial insemination and invitro fertilization can be performed
-For acne, hairy skin and menstrual irregularities you can take contraceptive pills( containing cyproterone acetate). When you are trying for baby, stop using OCPs...

Feel free to ask if you have any quiery...
Thank u
Answered: Tue, 5 Jun 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor