Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
191 Doctors are Online

Irregular periods, unable to conceive. TB PCR of menstrual blood positive. Is it curable, pregnancy chance?

Dear Doctor... I had irregular period since last 6 month. used to get period after 50days . I am also unable to concieve since past 10 years of my marriage. doctor advised me to do TB PCR of my menstral blood . The report shows Mycrobaterial DNA PCR : Detected. Species : Mycobaterium Tuberculosis complex. Is this curable? and can i get pregnant?
Asked On : Mon, 9 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  671
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases 's  Response
Welcome to HealthcareMagic forum.
You seem to be affected with tuberculosis of the reproductive tract which is caused by a bacteria called mycobacterium tuberculae.
It is a curable condition and the treatment includes antitubercular medicines taken orally ( sometimes injectibles) for a course of atleast 6 months or more( as per category and severity of illness).
If the tuberculosis has caused tubal blockage or affected the uterus it can cause infertility and other menstrual problems , so there is a good possibility that you might be able to conceive with appropriate treatment .
However any assurance or exact duration for conception can't be commented before the completion of treatment and reassessment of your reproductive system by your gynaecologist .
So please do not lose hope and go ahead with the proposed treatment.
Hope I have answered your query.
Wishing you good health.
Answered: Mon, 9 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor