Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
199 Doctors are Online

Irregular periods, overweight, PCOS. Taken Diane-35, Cycloset. Measures to be taken to regularize periods cycle?

Hello Doctor, I am a 25 yr old female with problems with my menses. I attained menarche at 10 yrs of age. My cycles were regular for around 6-7mths intially, but henceforth i started getting highly irregular cycles ie 2 consecutive cycles were separated by a time period of 1-9 mths. I was overweight. Then 3 yrs back I consulted a gynecologist who subjected me to an ultrasound and I was diagnosed with PCOS . U/S showed multiple ovarian cysts and even my lab reports were diagnostic of PCOS. My Insulin level was 2mIU/ml. That time my wt was 54kg , ht 5 ft 4 . I was started on Diane-35 and asked to reduce wt. I took for 3 mths following which i started developing 5-6 small hypopigmented patches on my arm and leg, which become blister-like eruptions after a shower, and then reduced in size. I have a family history of vitiligo so I discontinued the medication. I didnt consult the doctor after that. My cycles were regular for 2 mths, then it returned to the same old irregular pattern. Then last yr, I consulted another Doctor. She told me that this a very common problem faced by ladies nowadays and further added that I neednt worry till I plan to conceive. She further added that my wt for ht looked adequate. Then she asked me to take cycloset for 3 mths. I took the medications and I started having regular cycles( dysmenorrhea too). But after a few mths of completing the course, reverted back to 2-3 mths between cycles. Now I am 64kgs and not responding to cycloset. What should I do Doctor? Will diet and exercise normalize it? In that case, what should my diet consist of ? And can you please suggest exercise? I usually do yoga for 40 min and another exercise routine for 20 min. Is that sufficient? And I will be getting married within a yr s time .
Asked On : Tue, 28 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  474
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Homeopath 's  Response
welcome to hcm
as per your information you have hormanal cycle disturbed as a homeopath i suggest you to go for homeopathic treatment which will make your body symptom free as it acts on your whole body
try to find out a good homeopath who is practicing as per the laws of homeopathy
yoga is good and what ever exercise you are doing please carry on
please avoid all kind of junk food as it contains concentrated form of calorie
hope i have helped
take care

Answered: Tue, 28 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor