Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

Irregular periods, missing periods for a long time. Pelvic ultrasound and blood tests done. Have acne and facial hair. Do I have PCOS?

Hi there, Hi there, I am 22 years old. I haven t had my period for about 6 months and am starting to get a bit worried. My period has never been regular; however, I did used to get it once every 2-3 months. I did go to the doctor in regards to this problem and got a pelvic ultrasound done, as well as blood tests to test my hormones. Everything came in normal and they doctor told me there is nothing to worry about and that some girls don t get their period for an entire year! The reason why I think I might have POCS is that I do have some acne and would consider myself hairy. However, this could also be attributed to my genes since everybody on my mom s side has had acne when they were young. However, I do find it odd that I haven t my period for so long! The last time I had my period was last year and it was EXTREMELY heavy and I had to take ponstan to control it . Thank you. Sobia.
Asked On : Wed, 8 Aug 2012
Answers:  0 Views:  23 Awaiting Answer
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor