Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

Irregular periods, had unprotected sex. Would I have symptoms if I were pregnant?

hi I m a 15 year old sexually active girl, my period is always off track and late most of the time, iv had unprotected sex around the 22 last month and I was supposed to get my period around the 18 this month but haven t, I feel like I m getting my period but haven t yet and if for some reason I was pregnant which I m probably not I wouldn t have symptoms yet? What should I do
Asked On : Thu, 29 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  25
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
Mar 2013
Hi there,
I appreciate your query.
f you have skipped your normal period ( exceeded the normal date of your period every month ) and you are sexually active, you should go for a Urine Pregnancy Test ( HCG ) to confirm pregnancy.
None of the other symptoms are reliable.
Kindly purchase a home pregnancy test Kit commonly available at medical stores. Please select a proper brand and confirm the expiry date of the kit. Also, it is better to purchase a Urine Culture vial ( small container for collecting urine ) also readily available at medical stores. Please collect your first morning sample of urine, that is the first voided urine sample in the early morning , in the container. Open your pregnancy test kit, it contains a dropper which you can fill with two - three drops of urine from the container. Put the drops into the well shown on the pregnancy kit strip and wait for 3 - 5 minutes. One positive line means that you are not pregnant. Two positive lines ( pink lines ) indicate a pregnancy. No lines indicate that the kit is defective. Please read the instructions on the pregnancy kit once more before proceeding.
Also, if your test is negative , but you fail to have your periods, you need to consult a gynaecologist, and similarly you need a consultation for a positive test too.
Hope this helped.
Answered: Thu, 29 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor