Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
138 Doctors are Online

Irregular periods, get menses only on taking medicines, taken treatment for PCOD. What measures should I adopt to conceive?

Hi I am 29 years of old and i am having very irregular periods. i am not getting my periods unless otherwise i take some medicines. i got married for 4 years and not able to conceive. my doctor confirmed bilateral PCOD and had ovarian drilling last year. doctor confirmed my uterus , tubes all are normal. please help me out to get conceived.
Asked On : Wed, 25 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  34
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
Mar 2016


For successful conception, both of you need to follow these suggestions:

1) First, you need a regular cycle with proper ovulation. Progesterone pill (D16 to D25) and other supportive treatment may be required in this case to regularize your monthly cycle.

As you are trying to get pregnant, then you should stop taking combined hormonal pill because it acts as a contraceptive pill.

2) For proper ovulation, you may need to take ovulation induction drugs like Clomiphene from D2 of her cycle. Serial follicular study (D12 to D16) is useful to monitor ovulation or you can use ovulation prediction kit (LH kit) to track down ovulation time in the middle of each cycle.

3) You have to do regular unprotected sex close to your ovulation day (14 days prior to actual due date) or (11th to 19th days of each regular 28 to 30 days cycle) to maximize the chance of pregnancy.

4) Both of you must take a healthy balanced diet with more fresh fruits and vegetables. Low carbohydrate diet is preferable. Take vitamin-E and folic acid supplements for 3 months in preconception period and there after.

5) Do light to moderate exercise for physical fitness and to reduce or control body weight. Avoid mental stress completely by regular meditation/ yoga. Maintain a healthy life style
Answered: Fri, 25 Jul 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor