Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

Irregular periods due to obesity, high testosterone levels. Taking metformin. How to regulate periods?

I m 22 yrs old and have always had irregular periods. The endocrinologist I was seeing attributed my inconsistent menstruation to my weight and unnusually high levels of testosterone (for a female that is). She prescribed metformin but it didn t help. Is there any way I can help regulate my cycle without the need for prescription drugs? I m sexually active and even though we use protection, sometimes i can t help but get worried when by period doesn t come for months at a time.
Asked On : Sat, 22 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  21
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
OBGYN 's  Response
Hi. You are probably having PCOS like features. For regulation of your periods and which will also work as a contraceptive, you should take tablet Krimson-35 which contains cyproterone acetate from day 1 of the cycle for 21 days. Continue metformin and also try to reduce wt.
Answered: Sat, 29 Mar 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor