Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Irregular periods, cyst on left ovary, on medications. Having long periods, pain in the pelvis. What could this be?

Hi I m 19 years old and in the last four years now I have had irregular periods I have a had up to 4 cyst .in my left overy and now only have one in my recent scan . My doctor has subscribed me to use the it s called microgynon 20 ED. Now my doctor had told me to skip my next while being on this pill so I did . But ended up getting my period on the Monday only 2 days that I spose to b on my sugar pills but I had no Ed on to my next packet already but I was only spotting and the doctor said that would b normal so I kept going through my next packet I have now had my period for 15 days today for the first 9 days my period was heavy and black and brown and in the last 6 days it has slowly becoming red but there is still alot of black . I have been experiencing unbelievable pains in the left side of my body right near my pelvis this pain for 1 to 10 on a good day is a 9 I have been to countless doctors I er the years and they keep telling me that nothing is wrong N I NO THERE IS... Can u please help me this is effecting my work and most importantly me can you please help . Yours sincerely jess on the
Asked On : Fri, 23 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  46
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
You are suffering from PCOD, a condition where the ovaries contain multiple cysts and do not ovulate or ovulate improperly, thus leading to irregular cycles and infertility. You have been experiencing the metropathic cycle that is so typical of this condition. You should continue the medication after consulting an endocrinologist. You may need a complete hormonal assay. Exercise, maintaining a healthy life style and body weight with a BMI less than 25 are going to help. The pain could be due to the cysts and if you are not able to get relief from simple medication and rest, you may need to go for a laparoscopic cyst puncture which sometimes cures the condition. Please consult a gynecologist for further advice. Do not worry, yours is a completely curable condition. Good luck.
Answered: Wed, 28 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor