Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
193 Doctors are Online

Irregular periods, bleeding for two months, overweight, lump in the vagina. No STD. Whats the reason?

I have had what I thought to be a very long period 2 months of bleeding My periods have always been irregular and I am a little over weight. I have noticed a lump/growth in the entrance of my vagina . It doesn t feel hard just like a squishy tissue mass. There is no discharge or odour just bleeding, sometimes heavy, sometimes spotting. I have only ever have 1 sexual partner in the last 9 years we are with each other 24-7 so I don t think it to be a sti or anything like that.
Asked On : Fri, 2 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  35
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
OBGYN 's  Response
Jan 2016
Thanks for contacting HCM for your health query.
Irregularity in your periods seems to be related to your obesity. This obesity may be the cause or reason of a condition called as Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS). In this condition the eggs in the ovaries get matured but they cannot be released. There is hormonal imbalance in this condition which leads to irregular menses. The other features of this condition are obesity and hair on the unwanted parts of the body like face, abdomen and sometimes chest. The fine hair on the legs become more course. So please check for these features also.
The lump in your vagina is likely to be fibroid which also can cause irregular and heavy periods. Usually they are associated with pain in abdomen. This is usually a firm lump. Since you mention it to be hard, it is more likely to be fibroid.
The other theoretical possibility of the lump could be that either your uterus or rectum or urinary bladder might have descended in the vagina. But that should not cause the menstrual problems that you are describing.
However it is better to get examined by a ObGyn physician to confirm the diagnosis of the lump.
Though your menstrual problems can be managed by hormonal medicines, I would advice you to get the diagnosis of the lump first. If it turns out to be a fibroid or any other growth coming from the cervix; i.e. mouth of the uterus, then that calls for the surgical intervention which will take care of the menstrual problem also.
Lastly, let me appeal you, when you post such problems, please mention your age and the number of children you have.
Answered: Sat, 21 Mar 2015
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor