Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

Irregular periods, abdominal pain. Wants to do DNA PCR Kochs test for menstrual blood. History of PCOD. Information about test, treatment?

Hi! I m XXXXXXX, age 31 yrs female unmarried. From the Last few months i am having very irregular periods and pain in abdomen . Earlier i was also suffering from PCOD , it is cured now. But still i m having irregular periods , now my doctor suggest me to do one more test i.e Menstrual blood DNA PCR Koch s .Kindly suggest me what to do and also tell me about this test.
Asked On : Thu, 26 Apr 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  232
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
OBGYN 's  Response
if you are still having irregular periods, then you most likely still have PCOD. the menstrual blood DNA test is for genital TB, and I am not sure why your doctor wants to order that test, unless he/she has some reason to believe that you have genital TB. it is not a very reliable test, and often people get false positive results. it sounds to me like you need treatment for your irregular periods which would beat be done with birth control pills, progesterone, clomid, or metformin, depending on the circumstances of your case and your particular history. this needs to be discussed at length with your doctor to decide what is right for you. I hope this answers your question. please let me know if you need more help.
Answered: Sun, 6 Apr 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor