Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
131 Doctors are Online

Irregular periods. Ultrasonography done. Arcuate uterus. Any treatment?

I am 24 years old. I missed period and today is about 65th day and I am not pregnant. I went to a hospital and undergone Ultrasonography diagnosis and got discovered that I am having arcuate uterus. Please let me know if I want to conceive in future will I have to face problems or complications??

Thanks & Regards,
Asked On : Thu, 2 May 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  101
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
Hi Aparna,
Thanks for your query.
Arcuate uterus is a congenital anomaly of uterus where uterine fundus dip into the uterine cavity and look like septum in the uterine cavity. Diagnoses are made by transvaginal ultrasonography. Causing mainly the problem of pregnancy losses, frequent abortion. Treatment is hysterscopic resection.
You should consult a gynecologist for your problem when you want to conceive in the future.
Don't worry.
Take care.
Answered: Thu, 2 May 2013
I find this answer helpful
OBGYN Dr. Aarti Abraham's  Response
Mar 2013
Thanks for your query.
Your problem is not the arcuate uterus but the irregular and delayed cycles.
Arcuate uterus is an anatomical variant and causes no problems in conceiving.
It can sometimes lead to preterm labour, and abnormal presentation of the baby and miscarriages.
other than that, for conception, it is not an issue.
The problem seems to be your delayed menstrual cycle.
Anxiety, stress, hormonal imbalance, thyroid disorder, adrenal hormone dysfunction, raised prolactin level, emotional trauma, frequent travelling, rapid weight changes - all could lead to it.
Polycystic ovaries, endometrial pathology - these are probable reasons which could impact your fertility.
Please get back with your ultrasound report and consult a gynecologist for detailed evaluation.
take care.
Answered: Thu, 2 May 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor