Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
173 Doctors are Online

Irregular periods. Suggest medication

HI, I am 29yr odl and its been a yr i have been married and my wife has irregular periods,we approached the doctor, which medicines need to be used? Thanks,
Asked On : Fri, 5 Apr 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  104
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Cardiologist 's  Response
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

Gynaecological assessment and assistance is a must
There could be several reasons - mostly hormonal...FSH, LH, Oestrogen, Progesterone
Ultrasound scan of ovaries - for Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) is a must...
If you are not planning for pregnancy and if there are no contra-indications, oral Contraceptive pills are useful in the short term...

Take care
Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck
Answered: Fri, 26 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani's  Response
Welcome to HCM,
To cure irregularity of her period she requires some investigations like hormonal imbalance, ultra sound etc
After reports your doctor may give few courses of hormonal medicine to regular her period.
Afterwards period will be regular.
Ok and bye.
Answered: Fri, 5 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor