Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
179 Doctors are Online

Irregular periods. Prescribed Primoult N and Folic acid. Low HCG show pregnancy test negative? Worried to take medicines

Hi Ms.Mia Lundi,Good evng!!! my name is Sumalatha, i have a querry related to my misperiod.I was getting my period every month regularly, i got marry 4 months back and my period got missed, it has been 45 days that i didn't get my period and i dont have an other symptoms like sick, vomting etc.I had a doubt that i was pregnent went to Dr and done with blood test and test came negative.Dr suggested me to take Primoult N 5mg tablet for 5 days and Folic Acid for 30 daysNow my querry is that i have heard that if we have a low HCG even blood test show us a negative result. insuch case if I am a pregnant if i take this tablet wont it get effect to baby.I am getting scare of using this tablet.Please suggest me.How to take it forwardThanks®ards,Sumalatha
Asked On : Fri, 29 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  46
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
May 2013
Thanks for the query.
Usually the blood test give accurate results in pregnancy compared with urine test.
And of-course sometimes that can also give false negatives but that is rare.
So now what you can do is:
-Go for ultrasound rule out the pregnancy and take the tablets or
-Use micronized progesterone which are less harmful to the fetus.
For more details you can ask me through:
Take care.

Answered: Mon, 20 May 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor