Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
123 Doctors are Online

Irregular periods. Pregnancy test negative. Ovulation pills given. What should I do to conceive?

Hey doc, this is vienu here. As I want to discuss I m a married for 2 and a half year and plang to have year before I conceive bt have miscarriage after more than 2 months.i had my check up to know the reason of this mishappening. Bt every test is ok , one tube test left...the main problem arising is that,i had my last menses on 3feb and today is 28may. Pregnancy test is negative and nothing came in ultrasound .i had a meet with doc in between this period they askme to wait as my menses cycle is 35-40 .in my last pregnancy my urin test came +tive after two month plus. The doc has gave me something deviry tablets to have my periods and ovulation pills...please advise me right , I m totally confused. What should I do to conceive.
Asked On : Thu, 31 May 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  17
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
OBGYN 's  Response
If your periods are longer than 35-40 days, it is possible that you are not ovulating regularly.
As the pregnancy test is negative, your doctor has given you something to bring on your periods.
After that, if you want to conceive, you may need some help with ovulation, hence the pills.
Just follow your doctor's advice, and if you feel something is not clear feel free to ask. Your doctor will probably monitor you with scans to see if you are ovulating and advice you when is the best time to conceive.
Hope that helps.
Answered: Sun, 9 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor