Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online

Irregular periods, Pcos, taking novelon tablet, trying to conceive. Advice for stopping tablet to get pregnant?

Hi,I am AAAAAAA 26 years.I got married before 9 months.Because of my irregular period and PCOS problem(starting Stage) my doctor suggested me to take Novelon Tablet. I have taken that tablet 4 months before for one cycle and I stopped that.I am not taking any tablets now.I am planning to get pregnent.Will stopping that tablet take time to get pregnent. Kindly advice.
Asked On : Thu, 15 Mar 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  1252
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
May 2013
you have to first check for the status of your PCOS as it can affect fertility by causing anovulation.
novelon is combined oral contraceptive pills,
after stopping it will take 3 to 6 months for regularization of periods.
now you consult your gynecologist
- undergo examination,
-take on ultrasound
to note the progress of PCOS,
then depending on the results you can go for ovulation induction drugs etc with your doctor's advice.
take care.
Answered: Thu, 21 Jun 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor