Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
166 Doctors are Online

Irregular periods, PCOD, on glyciphage. What next for getting pregnant ?

hi doctor iam female of 29yrs i have been married since 6months. since last 3 months i have irregular periods ( 40-45 days) i have been on glyciphage 500 for 3 months.od dose for first 1 month and bd dose for last 2 months,as prescribed by the gynaecologist(diagnosed as pcod ).what should i do next for getting pregnant
Asked On : Sun, 28 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  42
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
Hello there.

You can get a follicular study which includes series of ultrasound during the mid cycle time to visualize follicles in the ovary. It is these follicles which release egg for fertilization by sperm.

In case your follicular study shown no ovulation which is likely possibility in your case as you have PCOD , you need to use drugs for ovulation induction. These drugs stimulate the ovaries to produce follicles and thereby egg release which helps you in conceiving.

Drugs like clomiphene , letrozole are used.
These drugs are to be taken only after advise and supervision of a gynecologist.
Do not use them on your own as if used in wrong doses they can lead to serious complications.

take care.
Answered: Tue, 30 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor