Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
197 Doctors are Online

Irregular periods. Diagnosed with retroverted uterus with myoma nodule, polycystic ovaries. Chances of pregnancy in future?

Dear Doc, My wife went to the hospital today for a check up due to irregularity of her menstruation . Would like to know what is your interpretation on the result of the check. We are planning to have a baby this year and we are already 6 months married. Normal sized retroverted uterus with myoma nodule Intact Endometrium Polycystic Ovaries Your utmost assistance is greatly appreciated. Aries
Asked On : Fri, 20 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  300
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
hello and welcome to health care magic.

A retroverted uterus is one that is tilted backwards instead of forwards. It is generally associated with no complications, some persons however may experience lower back pain, incontinence, increased number of urinary tract infection. It does not usually cause difficulty in getting pregnant.

A myoma nodule refers to a fibroid which is a benign ( non cancerous) growth from the smooth muscle layer of the uterus.

The endometrium is the inner layer of the uterus, the fact that it is intact means that they detected no problems with this part of the uterus.

The polycystic ovaries may be contributing to the irregularity of the period. There is a syndrome called polycystic ovarian syndrome where there is an abnormality with the hormones in a female's body. It can lead to menstrual cycle changes, cystic ovaries and difficulty conceiving.
Due to the elevation in the male hormones ( normally found in females) women may have body hair on chest, face, abdomen, deeper voice, acne.
It requires blood test to be done , both to diagnose it and to rule out other possiblities.
It is usually treated with weight loss if overweight and different types of medication that allow the woman's body to ovulate.

You should consult your doctor for any futher information
I hope this information is helpful to you and I wish you both success
Answered: Fri, 20 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor