Irregular period, stringy and red with white. Is it implantation bleeding?

Hi, I dont know if you can help. I never have had a regular period since I had my 4 year old little boy. However, I had a period in December time and then weirdly another one around 9th Jan 2013, it was about 4 days long. On the 26th Jan, I had another bleed, however it was not normal, it was only when I wiped, it was stringy, pink, dark and red and had white (sesamie seed) looking bits all over the tampon (sorry to be blunt), the bleeding lasted for exactly 48 hours and then nothing?? What could it have been? I have had unprotected sex, what are the chances of it being implantation bleeding or something else? Thankyou for your help.
Thu, 28 Nov 2013
Radiologist 's  Response
It is unlikely to be implantation bleeding as egg-sperm after fusion take a week to travel to uterine cavity for implantation where it takes approx. another week to implant that amounts to 12-14 days post ovulation. The bleed could be ovulation bleeding which occurs when a mature follicle ruptures mid cycle. Be patient and Get A UPT done after 10 feb.