Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

Irregular period, advise to take clomid, duphaston, to have sexual contact with husband. Will this help in pregnancy?

hi. may i ask if my doctor s advise are helpful for me to get pregnant? i am irregular and my doctor advise me to take clomid onece a day for five days whenever i have my 2nd day of menstruation . on my 10th day i will take duphaston twice a day for 10 days. also on 10th day and every other day, we should have sexual contact with my husband.
Asked On : Sun, 28 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  42
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
OBGYN 's  Response
Mar 2013
Thanks for your query.
For conception the following factors have to evaluated :
1. your partner's semen analysis should be okay.
2. Your fallopian tubes should be open - assessed by laparoscopy or HSG
3. Your hormonal profile should be monitored.
4. You should be documented to have ovulation

Clomid is clomiphene citrate given to women to help them in ovulating, when there are difficulties. Following clomid tablets, you would be monitored with ultrasound to check if ovulation is occurring. Also, then duphaston is given during the luteal phase. During the period of peri ovulation, sexual intercourse is advised.

If this treatment does not work, please go for a laparoscopy and then proceed for IUI if your tubes are open.
take care.
Answered: Sun, 28 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor