Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
167 Doctors are Online

Irregular menstrual cycle from the onset of puberty. What are treatment options?

Hi, I am 29 years old, married from last five months. My problem is that of irregular menstrual cycle from the onset of puberty itself. For initial six months it was absolutely fine then disarrayed and continued for four months without ceasing... I was 15 the doctor treated after which my periods were gone for almost a year and then when they started again by themselves .. They were erratic.. I had taken ATT at 17 , repeated again at 20. I have taken intermittent dozes of duoluton l but to no avail.. During last six months .. Am on duoluton l dose and left it a month earlier.. Now again after leaving my cycle is repeated by itself after 44 days.. My ultrasound whenever done has been normal.. Am anxious to conceive as am closing 30 .. And family pressure.. Plz help
Asked On : Thu, 18 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  24
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Welcome to HCM.
Your history suggest hormonal imbalance.You have to go for complete hormonal study and start hormonal management under guidance of your gynecologist.
Also go for ovulation study to know the follicle formation and time of rupture ,so plan for pregnancy accordingly.
Go for supportive investigations like CBC,RBS,TSH,TORCH.
Also ask for rubella vaccine before planing of pregnancy.
hemetinics,B12,DHA will be helpful.
Keep in touch with your gynecologist.
Answered: Thu, 27 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor