Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
137 Doctors are Online

Irregular heart beats followed by strong beats, burning in the arm, tenderness on the chest. Is treatment required?

female, 50 years old, have always been in good health, don t take any medications , and I take vitamins daily. I do not drink caffeine, or soda . I drink water and herbal tea, I juice fruits and veggies daily. I do not eat pork or red meat. over the past year I have had some heart palpitations, but last night was different. I had a like irregular or fluttering that lasted at least 7 seconds to 15 seconds, no pain with it, but scared me, then when it stopped doing that and began to beat regular, there were 3 really hard strong beats that felt like when you have an adrenalin today I still feel not right, I have burning down my left arm, and tenderness on the left side of my chest, just a few inches over from my arm pit. do I need to go see a doctor?
Asked On : Fri, 27 Apr 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  130
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
OBGYN 's  Response

You need to see a doctor immediately. Given your age and symptoms that you are reporting, there is concern about the possibility of a heart attack or the symptoms leading up to that:

1. Heart palpitations
2. Flushing (adrenaline rush)
3. Chest pain
4. Referred pain into your left arm

You need to go immediately to an ER to be evaluated. Have someone drive you if possible!
Answered: Fri, 27 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor