Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
176 Doctors are Online

Irregular heart beats, advised to continue exercise. Suggestions?

Hi my son is 7 and his heart speeds up and seems irregular at times - this makes him feel uneasy - +us! He has been referred to hosp just to check this irreg beat - however we are having trouble with waiting lists and non return of calls so would you suggest we go priavte to avoid any poss catastrophe? The Dr has said he feels he can still exercise though we would maybe prefer to act with caution on this? many thanks Steve
Tue, 30 Oct 2012
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Cardiologist 's  Response
as per body need heart rate will increase and settels down but in a regular manner
any irregularity is definately required attention and evalution
more if in childhood age
atleast one EKG and also 24 hrs holter study as it will give information about rate and regularity change in over 24 hrs
dont do exercise till you get complete evaluation
ya he can do his routine activity if he doesnt has giddiness or syncope
consult cardiologist and get evaluated as per his advice
take care
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor