Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

Inverted blackhead on breast. Suggestions for home treatment?

Hello, I am 57 year old female with a long standing inverted black head on the top of my left breast . There appears to be a tiny hole there, but when I squeeze, nothing comes out. A friend squeezed out a seemingly long (about 1/4 inch) of black material about one year ago. Consult w/ a dermatologist suggested a stamping out of the area which would require suturing and possible scar tissue . Any suggestions for home treatment. I am retired disabled and on fixed income. Thank you.
Asked On : Sun, 10 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  550
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
Thanks for posting your query. Your symptoms suggest of an sebaceous cyst in that area. The cyst has to be removed for complete clearing as per your doctor's advice to get rid of it completely. Usually the procedure does not produce any scarring if properly sutured.
If you have difficulties in undergoing this, as you mentioned I only suggest to take some antibiotics to reduce the infection, especially when it becomes bigger.
Home remedies include only hot fomentation to reduce the inflammation and vitamin c tabs.
Answered: Sun, 10 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor