Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

Intestinal blockage with flaky blood after an enema

My neice (17 yrs) has some sort of blockage. She had a small poop 3 days ago that felt like barbed wire and nothing else for a week. Her stomach is poking out in the top by ribs and to the lower right of belly button. We ve tried the prune juice & glyserin sticks. Then two dulcolax and an enema. The enema produced a watery discharge with dark red dried flaky blood . Her mom is still out of town. Is there anything else to try.
Asked On : Tue, 25 Jan 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  244
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Thanks for query,
It happens wherr there is absolute constipation.
If after enema and laxative there is no passing of stool and pain in abdomen and vomiting is there,take him to ER as there is possibility of having chance of obstruction in intestine.Plane X ray will give idea about obstruction.
Ok and bye.
Answered: Fri, 19 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor