Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
131 Doctors are Online

Intermittent pelvic pain radiating to the abdomen. CT scan of pelvis normal. Not responding to painkillers

The pain started in my pelvis intermintently, gradualy become frequent over a period of 3 weeks, when it became more constant. the pain then extended to my right lower abdomen and has over 4 days become constant. the pain from my abdomen has radiated up my right side and is now felt in my right shoulder. The painin my right side is a dull ache which is constant, with sharp intermittent pains (around evry 10 minutes, lasting for about 3- 5 minutes) sometimes there is pain when pressing, but not always. i have had a ct scan of my abdomen and pelvics and an ultrasound which came back clear. My bloods are fine and my obs are also fine. I have no fever, but am in constant pain. I usually have a pretty good pain thresh hold too, so it is very strange that my painkillers are not actually killing the pain.

Is there anything that could possible be causing the pain I am experiencing? I have considered gas or irritable bowl, but am having no problems in that area. My stools are fine and I am able to pass gas. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Asked On : Mon, 22 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  53
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Sep 2013
Thanks for the query to H.C.M. Forum.
No doubt pain at first was in pelvis,but now it is virtually all over on the right side.
In my opinion only one reason of pain may be as,
Acute & chronic cholecystitis ( inflammation of gall bladder ).
Pain of acute cholecystitis become more generalized on right side of abdomen .
This pain radiates to the interscapular area, right scapula and right shoulder joint.

In acute stage we will not find any thing in C T scan, and blood ( mild leucocytosis 10000-15000 /cmm).
However physical examination may present ( Murphy's sign).
Consult physician/surgeon and get their opinion.
Good luck.
Answered: Wed, 26 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

3 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor