Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
194 Doctors are Online

Intermittent mild chest pain, prominent during working hours. Normal cholesterol and BP. Heart attack or stress?

I have had off and on mild chest discomfort for the past week or so. It happens mainly during work hours and not after hours or in the beginning of the day. I am 52 years old, 6 feet tall and 175 pounds. I stay active and my cholesterol is never been high and I do not have high blood pressure . I this a symptom of a heart attack or blocked arteries or just stress?
Asked On : Fri, 22 Jun 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  27
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Cardiologist 's  Response
Thanks for the question

Characteristics of typical anginal pain are;

Central chest pain which is crushing or heaviness in chest and radiates to arm/s
Chest pain aggravates on exertion or stress
Chest pain relieves at rest

However atypical presentation of an anginal pain is not uncommon, therefore you should consult a doctor.

Hope that answers
Answered: Wed, 31 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor