Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

Intermittent chest pain, lump on rib, swollen ligament on joints. Muscle tender, sore. Relief?

I m having strange right side chest ache, intermittent for about a week. I have had a lump on a rib for about 4 years which hasn t grown, but doctors said it was swollen ligaments at a join, about an inch or so from my breast bone. It doesn t hurt, but there is pain to the right, so maybe it s referred pain? My muscles are tender and sore. I have sarcoidosis with granulomas around my lungs in lymph nodes for 5 1/2 years. ACE levels around 50. Thank you.
Asked On : Sat, 24 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  82
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Rheumatologist 's  Response
Good evening. Well the pain you are describing could be due to mild activity of sarcoid itself. you need to get your ESR, CRP levels done to check for the disease activity. If needed you may need a low dose of steroids to help control it. If you havent given a trial of NSAIDS kindly do that first. Hope the information was useful
Answered: Thu, 28 Aug 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor