Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
199 Doctors are Online

Intermittent chest pain after an episode of heavy drinking. Had intense vomiting after drinking. Remedy?

Hi, We have a reunion party last saturday night and we drank rhum and vodka after (with Softdrinks as chaser). I felt that I am already drunk so I went away and puked secretly. When I lay down to sleep, I can feel pain in my check. It s like something is stuck in there. Then the pain will be gone but back for about 5 minutes. Then it constantly repeating (gone then back again). Up until now, i can still feel the pain. I was thinking that my vomiting caused the pain and some fluid enters the track of air to the lungs (actually that was my wild guess, i am not sure so i am asking professionals now). Please advise what is my sickness and how can I cure it. Thanks a lot!
Asked On : Thu, 31 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  56
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Sexologist 's  Response

Apparently you like the booze, but the booze doesn't like you.

Vomiting most likely caused abrasions in the esophagus. (Abrasion is a kind of wound.) It will heal by itself in few days. Particulate matter is unlikely to have gone into the respiratory tract (or lungs as you put it).

Worried like hell?
You can go for Gastro-Esophagoscopy. By the time you get an appointment the pain, hopefully, will have disappeared.

Dr. Ashok Koparday
Answered: Thu, 14 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor