Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

Intermittent aching on the center of chest, jaw pain spreading to shoulder, armpits. going through stress. Alarming?

hi there, sorry to bother you, I have had aching in my right side of the centre chest for a few days coming and going, my left jaw has been painful for a week now and has only just started to close properly again, I am in a very stressful relationship and its quite alot worse when arguing last night and spread to my right shoulder , today i have been ok but tonight have been arguing for the last 5 hours and now the pain is in my left and pinching a dull but very noticeable pain to my left armpit, do i need to worry? also Last week it felt like somone had grabbed my heart in their hand for a second and let go again, i dont know if it is relevant but would like to give everything i can think of this week. I have no money in my account, i thought that medical advice would be free considering it saves peoples lives #
Asked On : Sat, 22 Dec 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  83
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Thanks for your query. It is highly likely that stressful relationship might generate anxiety/depressive symptoms. Anxiety/depressive symptoms might also include somatic symptoms-aches&pains at various sites in the body. However, an ECG is required to rule out cardiac causes before undergoing a thorough psychiatric assessment. Both anti-anxiety medication and psychotherapy can be used to alleviate your symptoms. Wish you early recovery.
Dr Sundar Gnanavel
Answered: Sun, 30 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Psychiatrist Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar's  Response
Hello and welcome to Healthcare Magic. Thanks for your query.

It is likely that your symptoms are anxiety-related, especially since you are going through a lot of stress. Anxiety can manifest itself with not only psychological symptoms, but with physical symptoms also. However, it is important to rule out any cardiac problem which could also present with similar symptoms.

I would advise you to have a proper physical examination and a few investigations, including an ECG, to rule out any medical problems. If medical investigations are negative and your problem seems to be anxiety-related, then you need to consult a psychiatrist for further treatment. There are effective treatment options in the form of medication and counselling which can help you overcome your stress and anxiety.

Wish you all the best.

- Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar
Consultant Psychiatrist
Answered: Sat, 22 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor