Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
167 Doctors are Online

Intercourse after stopping of birth control pills, did not get periods. Pregnancy test, negative. To be concerned?

My granddaughter - 21 years old - had been on birth control pills for a number of years and decided to stop about 2 months ago. Has had intercourse but never without male protection. She hasn't had her period for 2 months - has taken pregnancy test and she's not pregnant. Is there usually a period of time before the body readjusts to normalcy?
Asked On : Sun, 13 Oct 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  18
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
General & Family Physician 's  Response
I think you don't have to worry much right now. The gap to regain periods vary between person to person. It can maximally go upto 6 months.

One problem you have to worry about is the difficulty in a planned pregnancy. I'd advice you to use barrier methods of protection untill your cycles restart.

I hope I've clarified some of your concerns.

Kindly get back for further queries
Answered: Wed, 16 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor