Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

Intense pain in the right ear after swimming. Swimmer's ear? Home remedies?

After jumping in a pool yesterday, I have intense pain in my right ear. I tried cleaning it, popping it, letting gravity work on it/drain it, and putting a cotton ball in it. It is still very uncomfortable. Late last night, before i went to bed, I tried popping it once again and experienced extreme pain, much worse than when it began initially. Is it swimmers ear? Are there any home remedies I can try, or should I see my doctor?
Asked On : Fri, 3 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  112
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General Surgeon 's  Response
Thanks for using this forum. From the description of your symptoms, it points out towards some ear infection which can either involve the inner or middle ear canal due to bacterial or fungal growth. Avoid swimming or making the ear to come in contact with water. Avoid scratching and using any ear buds too. Have a prompt checkup with your GP before trying any home remedies. Usually an antibiotic course is required to curb this infection within the ear canal. Hope this helps. Regards.
Answered: Sat, 4 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor