Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online

Intense bruising and swelling on foot, difficulty in wearing closed shoe, pain on adding pressure post injury. Remedy?

I recently stumbled in to a military rifle pelican case ( really heavy duty) i knocked the daylight s out if my foot .. it bruised and swelled real bad. I couldn t walk on it for days..i still cant put any type closed shoe on because swelling and pain that it causes when pressure is added to the knot that had risen greatly above top foot plate
Asked On : Fri, 20 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  40
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello. Welcome to hcm
You might have suffered a fracture or sprain of ligament. It should not be taken lightly as it can severe problems later.
I advice you to have a x ray first to rule out fracture. If no fracture,you to apply crepe bandage for 3weeks and minimal weight bearing. If fracture is noted,it wil be managed by your doctor.
All the best
Answered: Fri, 20 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor