Insulin injections or oral medication. Which one is better?

Which form of treatment is better - insulin injections or oral medication? Which form of treatment is better - insulin injections or oral medication?
Tue, 15 Dec 2009
Treatment/Therapy
  Anonymous's Response
's  Response

Insulin even today is considered as the classical form of treatment. Oral medications are given as the first line. Many newer drugs have come which increase the insulin sensitivity, increased insulin secretion, decreased absorption of glucose and also reducing appetite along with weight reduction. Insulin is given as the next line which is still considered better than oral medications and also has decreased diabetic complications like heart, kidney and eye problems.